Saturday, May 31, 2014

Leo

As Leo's school year drew to a close, we began to see the "true" Leo re-emerge, his even temper, easy manner, and charm lighting up his wiggly-toothed grin.  Leo spent a lot of time in the kitchen with me this month, mastering meatballs, sweet bolognese sauce, and individual pizzas.  He invented a new use for old things when he donned his swim goggles to avoid the tear-inducing oils emitted while cutting onions.  And he has become an absolutely prolific writer.  I was stunned - and thrilled - by both the quality and the quantity of his writing....

Custom-made for his brothers
 Spaghetti bolognese with sweet Italian (turkey) sausage
 Great Grandma Turano's Meatballs (best ever.)

*********
(All works of writing were auto-corrected by Mom for ease of reading.  These are just a small sampling of the many works by LGC, taken from the beginning, middle, and end of the year.)

Beginning:
This weekend I went to church.  I play with blocks.  I made a card.  I went to the store.

I get mad when Aidan says the same thing over and over.  Because it is annoying.

Fall is wonderful.  I like seeing leaves change colors.  In fall there is Thanksgiving.  Fall is a exciting season.  I like fall.
Middle:
Clouds come in many shapes and sizes.  Some are like silk.  Some are gray.  Some are pictures.  I like the pictures because they are cool.

My little brother loves me so much!  He thinks I'm the coolest thing in the world.  I know he loves me becasue every day I get off the bus, he says "EEEOOOO!!!" 
End:
One day we had a sub and she was an alien.  She tried to use superpowers on us but I pulled out my lightsaber and blocked it.  It was too hard for me.  I couldn't do it alone.  I used the force on her.  Then I called Gabe.  He distracted her and I destroyed her.  Then we told [our teacher].  The End.

What I want to do this summer.  I want to go to California.  I want to go to Myrtle Beach.   I want to go skate boarding.  I want to go bogeyboarding.  I want to do street olympics.  I want to run one mile.  I want to play lacrosse.  I want to play tag.  I want to go fishing.  



No comments: