Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Knightgown in shining armor


So of course I must begin with the Aidan anecdote of the week. Yesterday we were outside, Aidan deep in his pretending as usual. He says to me, "Okay, I am Mr. King......." (he comes over and shakes my hand. "Nice to meet you," he says.) "I am also a knight...... Here I am in my crumbly tumbly tower" [quoting literature, here - he loves the book Good Night, Good Knight, and the "crumbly tumbly tower" comes directly from that. He is an English teacher's dream! but I digress...] Then he says, "Mommy, you are my page. And Leo, you are my knightgown." [nightgown]. Stifling my laughter, I say, "Aidan, Leo is your what?" And he repeats, rather indignantly [you idiot, didn't you hear me the first time??] "Leo is my KNIGHTGOWN." No clue how adorable and funny this is, making it that much more adorable and funny.

No comments: