Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Grace of Superman

I'm toeing a fine line here in recording a moment that is supposed to be rather sacred:  the dinner grace we share before our meals.  In the end, I decided that this was a memory I didn't want to leave to chance, knowing I'd never be able to recreate - or describe - Pax's participation in grace, how far he's come in mealtime, how expressive he is, how much I love this ritual. 

The video is just one small snapshot of the time of day I've come to love best and cherish most, one which I wrote about some time ago, found here

The Grace of Superman reminds us that although the rush of our busy days - after-school activities, homework, play time, bath time, bed time - may feel, at times, like kryptonite - there are few rituals more powerful and more important than the meal that we share; the grace that we offer; the grace we receive.

No comments: