Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quotes

Several drafts are in the queue, so check back soon. In the meantime, I simply love this tidbit from our afternoon together......
Today Aidan informed me that he knows just what he wants his next birthday party theme to be (his MAY birthday party) - "I'd like to have a science, reading, and math birthday party. We'll do experiments, and read books that go with them, and do math stuff. It will be awesome."

That's my boy.

***********
I've fallen out of the habit of recording these quotable quotes, so I'm redoubling my effort to jot down these priceless moments. Following another writer's suggestion, I have a small journal (embellished with a large "Q" for "quotes") that I keep in my nightstand, and I try to remember to record these gems as they happen. On nights when I feel heavy-hearted, or need a good laugh, or when I am deeply reveling in the joy of my children, I pull out this small book and remember these seemingly unforgettable moments in their lives... only to realize that I have forgotten so much, and thus feel so grateful that I took the time to bear witness, to record, and in doing so, to remember.

No comments: